LightSpace studio owners Annie Murray and Allison Ward offer a limited-enrollment, apprentice-based 550 hour Teacher Training program.
The LightSpace program is unique in this field. Annie and Allison combine the anatomical precision of Pilates, and the deep internal energetic focus of Qigong/Neigong to teach a biomechanically sound, powerful system of movement that fuses the best of Western and Eastern mind/body practices.
NEXT PROGRAM START DATE: TBD (based on interest)
PREREQUISITES: At least 6 months consistent Pilates practice.
TO APPLY: Application is by interview and written essay. Prior to an interview, please thoughtfully consider and complete these admissions questions. Submit your responses to email@example.com.
LightSpace Teacher Training Admission Essay Questions:
- Why, at this juncture in your life, do you feel compelled to join our Teacher Training program at LightSpace, and a new career as a Certified Pilates Instructor?
- How long have you been doing Pilates (duration and frequency) and what personal benefits have you seen from your practice physically, mentally and emotionally?
- Do you have any chronic pain or injuries that could prevent you from training your own body at an Advanced Level of physical practice? If so, what are your current methods of managing them?
- Undertaking this program can be stressful and demanding, especially while working at another job simultaneously. Are you in a position right now where you feel healthy most of the time and feel centered emotionally and financially? Why or why not?
- What personal attributes do you bring to the table that would benefit the Pilates/Wellness Industry and LightSpace? Have you ever needed to market yourself or your services? If so, please explain.
- What is your background in movement and athletics, and/or eastern medicine or meditation practices? Please be specific.
OUR PROGRAM INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- All materials, related content, and classroom instruction
- Observation of experienced instructors
- Mentorship and guidance by experienced instructors
- Unlimited use of studio for self practice and student teaching
- Client referral/scheduling for student teaching hours
- Practical Evaluations and Test-Outs
- Access to discounted Private Sessions with Tier 3 instructors
- Access to discounted classes: mat, qigong, and equipment
- Ensure students are prepared to sit for PMA Exam
- Business tips and best practices for building clientele, and guidance along the way
- Being a part of the LightSpace team!
For additional details, including program tuition, please contact the studio prior to submitting your application. Note, tuition does NOT include fees for sessions and classes. Payment plans are available and can be discussed during the interview.
**Note: This program must be completed within 18 months of start.
HOURLY REQUIREMENTS: 550 hours total
- 40 hours lecture
- 100 hours observation
- 100 hours Pilates practice (private sessions/classes)
- 200 hours student teaching
- At least 50 hours private sessions with studio owners (weekly sessions)
- 50 hours of qigong (a combination of class, private instruction, and documented self-practice)
- 10 hours practical exams
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals and principles of the Pilates method.
- Identify the relationships between various musculoskeletal structures of the body.
- Learn the purpose, muscular focus, specific body alignment, and sequencing of each Pilates exercise including modifications and variations.
- Learn the tools to instruct equipment classes and private sessions.
- Safely prepare equipment and instruct clients of varying levels of fitness in a Pilates workout on the Mat, Reformer, Trapeze Table, Wunda Chair.
- Perform a postural assessment and make appropriate exercise selections to enhance a client's fitness experience.
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals and principles of Gift of the Tao Qigong, and its value to you as a Pilates instructor.
- Learn the basics of energetic anatomy and how to connect to your energy body for increased health, vitality and economy of motion, and understand how to help your clients to the same.